Sunday, May 20, 2012

DAY AT THE RSPCA MILLION PAWS WALK PART 1

Hey Milo here! Today I had a huge day out with my human Ros. She took me to the RSPCA million paws walk which is an annual fundraiser that helps to raise money for doggie's with no homes or doggies that need to be rescued from bad situations. Early in the morning Ros was very excited about something so I went over to ask her what was going on and she told me that we were going some where very fun today.  I watched her grabbing treats & my lead plus her camera then after she had done that I knew it was time to go.  I jumped up and headed towards the car. I quickly jumped in and off we headed to the million paw's walk. After a little while we had arrived at President's Park where they hold the walk every year. There are hundreds of different walks across Australia and the one we go to is one of the smaller ones.            
  
Oh what's that over there? After Ros had grabbed everything we headed off to sniff out who else had come and the first doggie I got to say hello to was a lovely whippet doggie. Isn't she cute looking in this pink coat?
Hello. Who are you? My name is Milo! What's yours? After saying hello to the lovely whippet we kept going but we soon ran into two lovely greyhounds.
 
  
Aren't they so cute?  They look very cool in their bandanas. After saying hello to them we ran into a german shepherd puppy that was happy to say hello to me. While our humans watched we did a very nice doggie hello to each other.  
 
Hello there! Is this your first time here? Well after saying hello to him we ran into one of Ros' favourite dogs of the day. A very large, very friendly Bernese mountain dog.    
 
Isn't he just so handsome?  He was very popular among all the people as very few had ever seen one before so he got lots of pats from all the people. Well after saying hello to him we heard the walk was about to start so we walked off to join in the fun.
Look at all the people and doggies that were there. It was quite a nice day.  There were hundreds of people out enjoying a day out with their doggies. While we walked we ran into a few different doggies so    Ros stopped to take their photos.     
Aren't they funny looking in a cute way? Well after the photo taking was over I got down to the important  business of sniffing out all the smells and oh boy with so many doggies around there was just so much to sniff that even my human was worried that my nose would fall off.    
  
 
   Well just before my nose did drop off I finally did stop sniffing and started concentrating on walking again.
 
The walk is three kilometres long. The perfect distance I thought as it gives you the right amount of time to do each doggie activity properly. Like walking, sniffing and making new fur friends. Well we were nearing the end of the walk and so we were starting to run into more puppies again and the first doggies we saw were two big doggies.         
 
Aren't they cool?  After all that walking and sniffing and making friends I was getting very thirsty by this stage so I asked Ros to find me some water to drink.
Ah, so much better; really refreshing!  After getting a refreshing drink Ros heard that the agility demo was starting so we walked over to watch.
 
There were some very clever doggies doing the agility and they all looked to be having so much fun with their people.  There were a few other doggies watching as well. One was a great dane x ridgeback and it was having fun playing with its new friend.     
  Well after watching the agility for a little while longer I decided it was time to go and make some more new friends and the first doggie we ran into was a very very special one as it's very rare in Australia with only twelve dogs in total. Both Ros and I think it is very sad as just look how beautiful she was. She's called a Karakachan Dog. Quite a hard name to remember but her owner and a few others are trying to get her breed recognised in Australia and I have my paws crossed that they succeed. Here are some shots so you can see for your self how beautiful she was. We got on very well.
 
 
Isn't she just beautiful?  Ros loved her colouring and her happy smiley face. After forcing ourself to walk away as there was a bit of a line starting to form behind us we went in search of my next new friend.  I hope you have enjoyed hearing the first part of my million paws walk adventure, kept your noses sniffing  as there are still many new friends for me to show you. In case you're wondering Jet couldn't come as he is still little and hasn't had all his needles that protect him from all the scary doggie diseases young puppies like him can get so he had to stay home this year but next year he will be big enough and we can make new friends together. I can't wait.  Herr is a photo of us playing together & one of him playing with Ros .

8 comments:

  1. We heard about the event on the news here. What a wonderful day!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it , meet and greet, meet and greet! Hope you had a great day!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was more actively involved in the rescue, I used to attend a lot of events like this, and I really had a lot of fun! Your pictures make me miss going to them and I think I need to volunteer to help at one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to participate in! You met some great new friends too! How did you learn to be so good in greeting new friends?

    Your friends,

    Murf n' Turf & Stan the Man

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great event to be a part of!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, an exciting event - I join a walk here every year but its not as big as that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O that Karakachan Dog was beautiful! They look like smaller versions of the Tibetan Mastif! :)

    Looks like you made lots of new friends and everyone was well-behaved, we are about to go and find out what happened next :)

    Lots of slobbers,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete

FUN IN THE FOG

Hi Jet and Arli here! Sorry we have been away for so long but we have told our human it's time we returned so we will start by telling y...