Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WALK AT RIPLEY RESERVE

Hey, Milo here. Yesterday I went to a new place I had not been before. It was called Ripley Reserve and it's so beautiful that I think it's my new favourite place. It is about a 25 minute drive from where we live.The scenery on the way there was beautiful.We got there just after lunchtime.
























Oh! What's that?



















So after a little while we arrived. I was very excited.


















Are we there yet? Are we? So after my humans had grabbed everything they needed we went to do some exploring with me leading the way.


















Come on, let's go! First we went to look at the river with me leading the way. It was beauitfully clear and surrounded by beautiful gumtrees. So after a bit of exploring my humans Ros wanted to get some photos of me on the little bridge we were standing on. At first though I was so excited that I wasn't looking at the camera but my human Ros doesn't care as she much prefers to see me enjoying myself in photos than having a perfect photo all the time. The last photo was great and I got lots of cuddles for being such a good boy.



















Oh, what's that I can smell?


















What's that over there?



















See I'm such a good boy. After exploring the creek for a few more minutes my humans and I went down the little path that was there.

















Ah!! Exploring we shall go! My nose didn't stop for the whole time we were there because there are just so many new smells to sniff. It was not until we got in the car to go home did it stop. Half way round we spotted these tiny purple flowers. Ros wanted to get a few photos of me among the flowers.


















Aren't they cute? We took a few more photos of the flowers and this one is Ros' favourite.


















Isn't it a great photo? After a few more minutes of exploring there was suddenly a loud nosie coming from high up in all the trees. At first I was a little scared but then I looked at Ros and she did not care about the nosie so I knew it was alright. Ros explained to me that the nosie was cicadas and it was actually qutie a nice nosie because it was sort of like being in the bush.
Then we kept going and a little while later we spotted a very small little gumtree covered in flowers. It smelled just like honey. It was very strongly scented. Even my humans could smell it as soon as they got out of the car.























Isn't it cute? There were butterflies all over it which I found fun to watch.








Soon it was time to go home. I thought we had a great time there and can't wait to go back to Ripley Reserve.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Milo, that does look like a lovely walk! We love walking places that have rivers :)

    You look like you are really enjoying yourself in all the photos - you photograph very nicely with you beautiful chocolate coat :)

    Laura our human absolutely love nice smelling flowers and plants, she wished she could have smelt that cute little bush :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky dogs! That looks like our kind of place!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all,

    That looks like my kind of place! Those are some wonderful pics Ros took of you, Milo!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my kinda guy! I love the great outdoors too. Enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

FUN IN THE FOG

Hi Jet and Arli here! Sorry we have been away for so long but we have told our human it's time we returned so we will start by telling y...